Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Synopsis and Recognition

Synopsis and Recognition


Waaks! I just found out the synopsis I write for Maestro's current episodes, are not just published in Media Indonesia Newspaper (Sunday edition) but also in their website!

I was going to find some information about the late Mochtar Apin that is need by my producer to write script about Apin's profile. Apin was the leading artist who's established Graphic Design movement in Indonesia, and also the founder of Graphics Design Faculty at ITB (Intitute Technology Bandung), Bandung, West Java.

This I put from Larasati, an Auction House.

"Mochtar Apin (1923-1994) studied under Ries Mulder, the Dutch painter and principal teacher for the School of Fine Arts in Bandung. Co-founder of the Gelanggang movement in Jakarta in 1946. Graduated from Bandung Institute of Technology in 1951. Mochtar Apin later went to Europe to study in Amsterdam (1951-1953), at the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux-Arts, Paris (1953-1958), and at the Deutsche Academy Der Kunde, Berlin. He painted the murals in the Indonesian embassies in Paris. At May 1958 Mochtar Apin returned to Indonesia. Apart from being a painter, he was also famous for his graphic works. He was a professor of art at the Institute Technology Bandung."

See other article about Modern Art in Indonesia to know the background.

----

So I searched Google with keywords: mochtar-apin-grafis. Then I caught up to some words that I know very much, basked on the top second link. WUPS! It's my writing! Curiously, I followed the link that straightly brought me to Media Indonesia Online, and here it is: put in the first line! *gulp*

I never read my synopsis after it got published. I don't know, I just feel unconfident to see or read it. Part of myself, afraid to see some mistakes that I might made. Another reason is, I don't see writing a sysnopsis takes so much effort that need to acknowledge, though, due to a lack in my writing skill, I often have to stay at the office and lay sleepless all night long, just to finish one synopsis! I also don't have to compete to being published, as Media Indonesia acts as mutual partner with Metro TV. MI gives information about any program running on Metro TV. (They owned by the same person, Surya Paloh).

So..THAT surprised me. Not because knowing that my writing 'finally' shown up in the newspaper, but more to know the serious impact that could rise up if I give WRONG information! Gosh! Doesn't mean that I never pay attention when writing something, but, I think I have to be more careful to the impact behind! Especially, I deal with a TV program that bring serious and in-depth information, and has a significant number of loyal audience! EEECCKKSS!!

So, this is it, after some editing from MI's editor.

Btw, I found out (again), my synopsis for another program that I'm also involve in, Inspiring Woman, has also being published on the same date, June 20. It's about a professional woman in IT field, Shanty Soedarpo. Check out the right column, beyond the title: "Berita Lainnya", 5th row. Both Apin (Maestro) and Shanty Soedarpo (IW)'s edition will be on air this Saturday, June 26. Maestro at 9.05-9.30 pm, IW at 8.30-9.00 am.

If you see the 3rd row, New Champion, it's also created by my company, INDRA TV News Agency. The same semi-documentary program but for athletes profile (every Wed, 9.05 pm), but I'm not involve in it.

Actually it's not always Metro TV (their website's still under construction) we deal with. Another brand new program, Makin Akrab, profiling popular Musician/Band, currently running on TV7, at 10 pm.

So, that's it, begitulah...

No comments: