Sunday, December 29, 2002

" Bete at Birthday "


Ggrrrhhhh...why I feel so blue today, the whole day, a day suppose to be my special day...bete surete...In another word -I don't know where it comes from- I hate myself! I do hate being myself! Ugh! A self who can't objectively separate NEED and WANT for herself. The WANT (read: The EGO) takes too much control over her mind and leave the NEED behind! Goblok! Grhrhrhrhr!! Goblok loe dis!! Guess the hurricane inside plays its role in the wrong time. Dammit!

Celebrated the day with A (due to high level secret, the person is disclosed), Adi, Rani, Ange, Me, and Fazte (alias name), a friend lives in Bandung, at Regal CITOS (Cilandak Town Square - blah! gak ada sebutan yang laen apa ya?) til 1.30 am.

At noon, after interviewed Arifien C. Noer's sister at BSD and stock shots at Jajang's place, I went to Ange's house to clean myself and rushed to Citos after Maghrib-an, didn't wanna miss A's dinner invitation. So, I delighted myself with some delicious Salmon Fettuccine at Dome (A's treat), while waiting for Adi and Rani. I myself was waiting for Fazte, my online friend for almost 2 years, to make up our first meeting. We've arranged the meeting a week before, as he'd stay at Jakarta around Dec 26-29 after finishing 3 days of work at Padang.

We were at Dome 'til Rani called and suggest to hang out at Regal. So we picked seats at the backyard and stayed there while waiting for Fazte. Around 9 pm, Fazte called and was about to cancel the meeting as he had to send his friends back home and afraid it'd be too late to join us. He asked whether we could make up another meeting tomorrow (I refused his idea, as due to my birthday, I'd rather spend the day with my family instead). But the urgent project A's offered which need his skill in programming, brought him to the show at 11 pm.

Surprisingly (as I forgot that was my birthday's eve), when the day turn to Dec 29 at 12 am straight, started with Rani, all audience in the round table greeted me, and also some other SMS followed behind (sure with the 'enteng jodoh' wishes), and Mom over the phone (who was then waiting for me until 3 am just to send me a birthday kisses! Oh Mom!!). Another surprise, Rani and Ange brought me a slice of BLUEBERRY CHEESE CAKE from Coffee Bean's refrige, then put a toothpick and burn it as a candle. Didn't take too much time to grab the whole cake, together with the other drooling ladies...Ouch! Thank you my dearest friends!! That was sooo sweeet...(Too bad, I've got nothing in my pocket, so I couldn't treat them back!).

Then after some other talks, at 1.30 we said goodbye and planned to spend the night at New Year's Eve. I got 'kripik Sanjay' from Padang (which sounds more Hindi than Padang to me!) that Fazte has bought for me. Thank you for the effort, Dear, though I got a lil' 'bete' when you changed the plan!

Arrived at home around 2.45 am after with Ange, driving A back to his house at Kebon Jeruk. Share the surprise story with Mom and Sis who were still awaked, then checked emails and hit the sack at 5 am 'til 10 am. Nothing's done with the family at last, except watched some TV programs and slept again while Mom driving my sis to her work at 3 pm. Gosh! So damn tired.

....

Oh great, doesn't help. Except for the early surprise of Dec 29th today, the rest is still 'bete'. And today remain Dec 30th. I forgot to grace the life and do reflection, that suppose to be done in a special day like birthday event. *groan* I am a mess!

No comments: