Tuesday, December 31, 2002

" New Year's Resolution "


At least, there's something else that keep me busy instead of groaning and mumbling for...i don't know for what reason (I hope it's only a matter of PMS thing).

The intention to pursue post graduate as part of my future obsession wasting my attention nowadays. I still have no idea what major I'd take, as I WANT EVERYTHING I'm interested at. But after did some recheck (of my uncountable checklist), ask suggestion to others, and reconsider what major I'm most interested, I think I'm going to take either Journalism or Writing (boh! I guess, I could never straightly decide to everything I want!!).

Before, I considered to pick either Education (as I'm interested at Children Development and being a Teacher), IT (as I'm interested of being a System Analyst, though I failed in UI Post Graduate pre-exams last year), Web Design (as I need it for my skill background), Social Work (I tried in Chevening Award-British Council, but failed as I have no experience working in NGO field), and not to mention to other unrelated subjects of Art Science, Anthropology, Cinematography, comparing to my education background in Management that has too-wide-unapplied-skill to me (well, the reason why I took Management instead of Social or others, will make me feel sorry for wasting 6 years of my precious life!).

But then, I can't get everything I want. It needs priority and what kind of future I want (Gosh! in this age, you're still confused with your own future Dissi! *speechless*). So, the very best of the best option will be Writing and Journalism (please pick only one option Dissi!). But I think I'm more considered to Writing instead, as it offers wider opportunity and give more flexible time than Journalism where I would trapped in 9 to 5 environment. Hey, I'm not a career-minded person! Being a Mom, raise children while working at home, is more tempting to me! (well, at least there's something I can be proud of!).

For some reason, I'm thinking to study at UK instead of US. I love the culture, the weather, and the environment (at least that's what I saw on TV!). So, I'm now busy screening over some University at UK with Writing (or Journalism) major which offers some scholarship.

The important thing to ask; how on earth you'll get the MONEY since you and the family no longer afford to send you abroad?? Hell, the only option are work harder and scholarship. I still have a chance to extent my skill (both English and Academic) until January-February 2003, which the next Chevening Award will be opened again. Well, I wish I could push my luck here! (Not like two application I sent before, I'm almost 100% no doubt to take the major I want). Well, well, well, I hope this would be one of my New Year Resolution (and find a future husband of course!! hehe).

Okie dokie...

HAVE A GREAT PARTY FOLKS! HAPPY NEW YEAR and be someone better!!

Oh, hey, there's ALAM DANGDUT SHOW at ANCOL guyz, together with the King of Dangdut, Bang OMA IRAMA, if you still unsure where you're gonna spend your new year's eve! :D *LMAO* (ngikutin Iza's term :))

ps: Got a delicious chocolate cake from Citibank just now, as a compliment gift for my Dad (consider today is his birthday!). So...Happy Belated Birthday Dad! (though you yourself are not sure, whether it's Dec 31 or Aug 31! hehe). I'm also gonna treat my co-workers 2 pans of Pizza Hut this afternoon, and have a Barbeque Night at Rani's house and sure wide awake all night long watching movies and also girls talk.

No comments: