Sunday, March 23, 2003

-- supposedly Saturday 22, at 3.00 am --

Just got back from Citos. As usual, we are the last customers in Regal. Ngga ada yang istimewa. Cuma dengerin ceritanya Sanda, sepupunya Rani yang just got back from Bristol, UK, today for vacation. She takes Post-graduate in Multimedia Studies for Web, and just about spent 6 months of 1,5 years study, when she's becoming homesick and decided to go home for a month. Others, just small talk about casual thing, and some information about Photography I've got from 'Na and Rizal.

Arrived at Citos around 9.30, after went to Jamz to meet Idang Rasjidi, a Jazz musician, to shot some of his pictures with Bubi Chen, The Art Tatum of Asia and a Jazz Maestro , that will be on air for next episode. But a hit and run accident has happened to his Dad today, which caused him being taken care in MMC Hospital. He's still black out since the accident. No wonder, he's 88 years old, hit by a bus when he stood next to his car to buy fruits in Puncak area. So he asked me to get the pictures on next Monday. Oh well, get well soon then, Oom Idang's Dad! I hope everything will be just fine.

Was going to meet Rani's cousin which already set up a day before. The last one was cancelled for his family reunion. But then this was being cancelled also, now for some works he had to do urgently, so we're just eight until the coffee shop was about to close at 2 pm. Ok then, some other time.

Then plug in to Internet to check messages, and got some from Thomz, telling about his arriving from Jogja, and will be here for just two days. So, I think we have to meet, Thomz! And btw, it's nice to see you again HERE! *grin*

Ah yea, guess what I got from Production Meeting yesterday? Am going to travel around East and Centre of Java again, to collect reportage for the next 6 episodes, maybe on April. This would be Semarang, Jombang, Surabaya, Blitar, and Jogja. Woohoo!!

Jombang relate to KH Hasyim Asy'ari, The Founding Father of Nahdlatul Ulama (NU), the largest Islamic organization in Indonesia, who will be profiled due to his dedication to Education System, specifically to Islamic community (Pesantren) in Indonesia. So...the interesting yet tough task for me is, I will interview Gus Dur according to his opinion toward his grandpa's accomplishment...*grin* Am not a fan of him, actually I don't really like most of his controversial statement about politics, but...yaiy! I'm going to interview the ex-President! whohaaa!! *blinking*

Then, I'll skip to Jogja to profiling KH Ahmad Dahlan, The Founding Father of Muhammadiyah, another largest Islamic organization in Indonesia, same as NU. Sure, I'll interview some of Muhammadiyah's thinktank, such as Syafi'i Ma'arif, the current leader, and of course, the current leader of MPR, Amin Rais...:)

Again, I'm not a fan of him, at least now, but some of his ideas still make me amazed, though I'm already disappointed with his previous maneuver, rulling this country to the way he wants. He had his most important milestones in politics when he and the students successfully made pressure to Soeharto and made him resign as President in 1998. Then I was become his fan and support his party, PAN, to win the election.

But then, I was really upset with his unconsistenly rules in politics, when in one time he successfully drove Gus Dur become a President, but then tragically turn him to ex-President and brought Megawati as President. Gosh! Now, I don't really think it's worth it to support any party in the next election. I ain't trust nobody anymore. The remain spirit of last reformation seems doesn't affect anything anymore. The government become the new regime now. So I prefer not to choose.

Then, the other profiles we're going to documented in Jogja are But Mochtar, a Sculptor, and Sultan HB IX. According to him, must be relate to his son, Sultan Hamengkubuwono (HB) X, the Jogjakarta's Sultan, top leader in Jogja. HB IX also a great politician and was the second Vice President of Indonesia after Bung Hatta has resigned.

In Blitar I'm going to take some shots of Soekarno's cemetery, as part of his biography. No need to discuss that he's one of the biggest politician in Indonesia, our first President, whom his charisma still exist even after he passed away long time ago. Unfortunately, most of his supporter pay too much attention only on his charm, and not his brilliant idea. Instead of doing research and implement some of his thought, they're just worship as idol just because he has a name called Soekarno.

In Semarang, we're dealing with Gan K.L., a Kung Fu Story Writer, Surabaya will be Budi Dharma a Writer, and in Jakarta will be Sapardi Djoko Damono, a Poet.

Hmmm...what a tough and challenging task to do, eh? Guess I've gotta bring my pocket camera and take some shots of myself with those people, huh? *wink* :)) Frankly, I'm nervous, afraid that I'm gonna fail with some of these episodes. You know, the bureaucracy here...moreover it's dealing with the super busy politician...*sigh* Other, I urgently need to absorb as much as possible the information of those people, their background and also their contribution in Indonesian history (only Sapardi, Gan KL, and Budi Dharma are still alive, the rest are part of the history).

*sigh* Wish me luck then! I need it that bad!

No comments: